Groupon No-Shows

See the latest news from the Washington International Flight Academy.

Groupon No-Shows

Postby hkraemer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I spoke with Megan, our Groupon rep, last night. She said that while we cannot redeem vouchers for missed appointments, we are allowed to charge a no-show fee for whatever amount we choose. She suggested that we take credit card numbers when we set up the appointment & explain our cancellation policy, & that hopefully will be enough to deter people from missing their appointment. My suggestion is that we adhere to our standard no-show charge of one hour of instruction ($50) for Discovery Flights.

I have created a document titled "Groupon No Shows" & saved it on the desktop to track the no-shows. We will list their name, phone number, Groupon voucher number, the date of the missed appointment, & any notes (ex. "no call/no show," "2nd no show," etc.) This means when we are scheduling discovery flights, we need to refer to this document to make sure we are not booking someone who has no-showed, & if they have, we need to alert them of the $50 charge if they wish to come in.

I'm hoping to get feedback on your thoughts about this process. I am concerned that many people will not want to give us their credit card info. I also know that adding this extra step with the No-Show list makes the entire Groupon process even more complicated & frustrating, but this was the best solution I could come up with. Please let me know if you have any other ideas or ways we can improve this process.

Thanks,

Ariel
hkraemer
Site Admin

Return to WIFA News